CAREER GUIDANCE CELL
Dr. V. Jilesh, Assistant Professor, Department of Statistics is the co-coordinator of the career guidance cell for the academic year 2015-16.
The formal inauguration of the cell was done by Dr.P.K.Velayudhan Director of Collegiate education. The cell under the co-ordinatorship of Sri.Gireesh Babu M. has conducted many career guidance classes and motivational classes in association with JCI, Indian Coast Guard, ACCEL IT Academy, SB Global Resources Pvt Ltd etc. The starting of a certificate course, ‘STAR Jewelry Retail sales Associate Programme’, under the NSDC scheme is a commendable work of this cell. 120 Hours training for thirty selected unemployed young was completed on 27.03.2014. Career Guidance Cell conducts coaching classes for UPSC, Banking, KPSC, SSC, etc.
CAREER GUIDANCE (2013-14)
- On 24.08.2013 organized a Career Guidance workshop for undergraduate students. Dr.P.K.Velayudan, Director of Collegiate Education Inaugurated the function. Principal Prof.P.M.Raghavan presided over the meeting. Dr.Z.A.Ashraf has given welcome and Ms.Rejuva Kamal delivered vote of thanks. 80 students were participated
- On 11.09.2013 Career Guidance Centre organized a reception to Dr.C.Anees . IRS, who is an alumni of our college. Sri. Haridas Palayil, Sri.Shameel Thangal felicitated.
- On 28.01.2014 in association with JCI (Junior Chamber of India) organized a series of motivational talks to the final year degree students. Thirteen faculties were handled various classes.
- Arranged a seminar about “Indian Coastal Guard” on 04.02.2014 . The seminar was organized by ICG, Beypur, Kozhikode. Around 120 students were attended the seminar
- Organized a half day seminar on “LINUX programming” on 10.02.14 with the help of ACCEL IT academy, Kozhikode. 38 students were attended the class.
- Started a course on “NSDC – STAR Jewellery Retail Sales Associate Program” as an extension activity of the college for the unemployed youth from out side the college in association with “S B Global Educational Resources Pvt. Ltd”. 30 candidates were selected for this programme and the classes started on 03.03.2014. College Principal Prof.P.M.Raghavan inaugurated the class. Vice Principal Prof. P.Jayakumar was in the chair.
PLACEMENT CELL (2013-14)
- Organized a mega job fare on 22/06/2013 in collaboration with the District Employment Office, Kozhikode. 48 companies were participated in the fare and around 22000 job seekers were attended the interviews
- Organized a placement Interview on 19.12.13 for the post of “Customer Sales Specialist” to the company “EUREKA FORBES”. 60 students were attended the interview and five students were selected.
- Organized a model examination of LDC examination’2014 on 09.01.2014 in connection with Minarva Competitive Examinations , Meenchanda. 200 students were attended the examination.
- 15 students from our college were attended the placement interview organized by the placement cell of Farook College on 07.02.14 to the WIPRO company. Two students from our college were selected for the post of System Administrator.
- On 08.02.14, five students of final year mathematics were attended the placement interview organized by the Placement Cell of St.Joseph’s College Devagiri, Kozhikode for the post of System Administrator, in i-Gate Company. Three students were selected.