NATIONAL CADET CORPS
5/30 (K) BN, SUB UNIT- G/48 NCC BHAVAN
GOVT. ARTS & SCIENCE COLLEGE, MEENCHANDA, CALICUT-18.
The college NCC unit under 30 Kerala Battalion, Calicut was established on 1967. The allotted strength of this unit is 107 and presently we have strength of 72 cadets consist of 36 boy cadets (SD– senior division) and 36 girl cadets (SW – senior wing). Lt.Sreejith K. , Asst. Professor, PG Dept. Of History, lead the college NCC unit as Associate NCC Officer (ANO). Shamsheen Thottungal, UG student, Dept. of Mathematics is the senior most cadet and possess the rank of Senior Under Officer (SUO). The unit have a prestigious history of an active participation of our cadets in pioneer camps such as RDC, TSC, SNIC, NIC etc.
The academic year 2014-2015 was a fabulous year of achievement to our NCC unit . This year year 5 cadets participated in TSC, Inter Directorate Shooting Competition, NIC and Army Attachment camps respectively. Our former SUO Rahul is now posted in Indian Air Force as Ft. Lt and he had participated and led the various contingents at Red Fort. Previous years 2 cadets were recruited to Indian Navy and Army. NCC cadets are a group of enthusiastic students who is actively conducting many socially committed works such as Anti-Liquor & Narcotic club under Excise Department, Govt. of Kerala, Traffic Regulation Volunteer duty, 7 projects inaugurated on the occasion of World Environment Day 2015.We have a Guard Party which rendered Weapon Salute to Hon’ble Chief Minister of Kerala Sri. Oommen Chandy .
Motto of NCC
Unity & Discipline
DG’s four Cardinal Principals of Discipline
1. Obey with a smile
2. Be Punctual
3. Work hard and without fuss
4. Make no excuses and tell no lies
Aims of NCC
1.To develop qualities of character, courage, comradeship, discipline, leadership, secular outlook, spirit of adventure and sportsmanship and the ideals of selfless service among the youth to make them useful citizen.
2.To create a human resource of organised trained and motivated youth to provide leadership in all walks of life including the Armed Forces and be always available for the service of the nation.
I do here by solemnly promise that I will serve my motherland most truly and loyally, and that I will abide by the rules & the regulations of National Cadet Corps.
Further under the command and control of my Commanding Officer I will participate in every camp most sincerely.
Beneficiaries to a Cadet:
- After completing the 3 year duration you will achieve ‘B’ & ‘C’ certificates.
- Opportunities to take part in various camps in state , national & international levels.
- Can familiarize with defence forces and to seek prestigious jobs.
- Bonus marks will be awarded during the recruitment process to different uniform forces under both UPSC & KPSC.
- Prestigious job opportunities for “C” Certificate holders in pioneer private sectors also.
- Grace marks will be awarded in university exams and bonus/weightage for admission in higher education.
- Various Scholarships.
- More over you will become a disciplined individual with leadership qualities.
- Yoga training.
- Adventurous and interesting Trekking programmes.
- Drill provide physical fitness and better concentration.
- Lectures on various topics.
- You will get opportunity to serve the society.