RULES FOR ADMISSION
Students shall be admitted to the various courses of study in an affiliated college on the basis of the rules prescribed by the University and communicated to the college from time to time. The university will notify every year a uniform time-schedule for admission of students for the different courses in the affiliated colleges.
CENTALIZED UG ADMISSION 2017-18
Admission to the Under Graduate Programmes in Arts and Science colleges affiliated to the University of Calicut for the Academic Year 2017-2018 will be conducted through Centralized Admission Process as per the details given below.
UG ADMISSION 2017 OF GOVT. ARTS AND SCIENCE COLLEGE KOZHIKODE
Staff council of Govt. Arts and Science College, Kozhikode has decided to conduct admissions to UG 2017 on 27th, 28th and 29th June 2017. Admission should be based on third allotment list published by the University. Candidates who got the allotment for their first priority should join permanently on any of these dates. Others can take temporary admission by reporting at the concerned department with allotment card and other documents (original).
Rules to be followed by those seeking permanent admission
|1||Report at the concerned department on any of these dates with all original documents required for admission.|
|2||After verification (from the department)||obtain application form from the office.|
|3||Fill the form completely and obtain the signature of the Head (department) with recommendation (may be admitted).|
|4||Go to office verification||get the token||attend interview (along with parents) at Principal's chamber||and then pay the required fee.|
Rules to be followed by those seeking temporary admission
|1||Take the allotment card (not admit card) without cancelling higher option.|
|2||Report at the concerned department on any of these dates with all original documents required for admission.|
|3||Verify all the documents and give the allotment card to the concerned department. (Important: Don't keep any of your original documents with the department except the allotment card).|
Centralized UG Admission 2016-17
Admission to the Under Graduate Programmes in Arts and Science colleges affiliated to the University of Calicut for the Academic Year 2016-2017 will be conducted through Centralized Admission Process as per the details given below.
Centralized Admission 2016-17
Centralized UG Admission 2015
Admission to the Under Graduate Programmes in Arts and Science colleges affiliated to the University of Calicut for the Academic Year 2015-2016 will be conducted through Centralized Admission Process as per the details given below.
Centralized Admission 2015
- The admission to all programmes will be as per the rules and regulation of the University
- The eligibility criteria for admission shall be as announced by the University from time to time
- Separate rank lists shall be drawn up for reserved seats as per the existing rules.
- The admitted candidates shall subsequently undergo the prescribed courses of study in a college affiliated to the university for six semesters within a period of not less than three years; clear all the examinations prescribed and fulfill all such conditions as prescribed by the university from time to time.
- The College shall make available to all students admitted a Prospectus listing all the courses offered in various Departments during a particular semester. The information so provided shall contain title of the courses and credits for the course.
- There shall be a uniform calendar prepared by the University for the conduct of the courses. The University shall ensure that the calendar is strictly followed.
- There shall be provisions for inter collegiate and inter university transfer in third and fifth semester within a period of two weeks from the date of commencement of the semester.
- There shall be provision for credit transfer subject to the conditions specified by the concerned Board of studies.
Academic Calendar 2017 (For college affiliated to Calicut University)
Academic Calendar 2016 (For college affiliated to Calicut University)