The LIBRARY’S MISSION AND VISION
The Library’s mission is to provide comprehensive resources and services in support of the research, teaching, and learning needs of the GAASC community. To fulfill this mission, the Library commits to:
• Understand the research, teaching, and learning needs of its users;
• Build collections and create tools to support research, teaching, and learning;
• Provide access to and promote the discovery and use of local and external information resources;
• Ensure the preservation and long-lasting availability of Library collections and resources;
• Create hospitable physical and virtual environments for study, teaching, and research;
• Collaborate with other members of the College to enrich the research and learning community;
• Advance local, national, and international library and information initiatives;
• Develop, encourage, and sustain expertise, skill, commitment and an innovative spirit in its staff.
As a center of intense intellectual inquiry, the General Library of Govt. Arts and Science College shares with the GAASC the aspiration to be the most dynamic learning centre of the institution.
In this desired future, the Library ensures that its collections remain forward-looking, diverse in breadth and form, open to browsing, and of quality. Through promotion, the Library makes people aware of the resources available to them, and through innovation, it makes access to these resources easier. To serve future users, the Library preserves information across all formats and ensures effective storage and delivery systems. The Library’s physical and virtual spaces respond to the changing habits of its users to enrich the campus experience and to multiply the ways in which people can pursue inquiry. The Library’s collaboration with expanding circles of acadamecians yields unified access, broadening knowledge, and enhanced services.
The Library continues to embrace change and align itself to thrive on diversity, to support professional growth and opportunity, and to reward flexibility and innovation.